Sunday, July 3, 2011

Reclaimate Prototype Final

Well I pushed and I got all the items done that I intended for this week. The game still isn't at a point where I wanted for first week. That is giving a rough but good idea of total gameplay. But collision, pathfinding, damage all that is there at least.


Hooray! Milestone Reached

I also scoped out the project and had to scale back a few things. The biggest risks right now are actually a commerce system of some sort. I can put a button up for "donate" but if I'd like people to buy any sort of micro transaction I have to somehow remember X person bought Y item. To do that essentially I need a secure SQL server with PHP.

In laymans terms I need a secure computer and about 2-4 weeks to set something up.

I have enough IT experience, I can build one, but this is where the time thing comes in. Doing something properly with backup will take a large enough chunk of time out of my schedule that I simply can't afford. On the other hand this is something quintessential for the major goal which is to actually survive on making indy games. And believe me, I'll let you know when I'm earning enough to pay for food, rent and the utility bills. So I'll have to figure this out in the next few days. I'll be asking around for some options.

For now I'm just happy I got everything completed for this week. And I've got a lot on the plate for next week. I'm really tired right now so I'm going to head to bed shortly. I won't post a pic now, but I will early this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment